By Naomi Fisher (LLB, B.Psyc) With David Mclean (B.Eng)
We all share a basic need to experience intimacy and love, however as we progress down the path of deeper intimacy and vulnerability our brains corrupted wiring, due to past experiences, is often exposed producing thoughts that hijack our deepest longings. By understanding how these thoughts appear we can take them captive before relationship damage is done.
Based on scientific and biblical truths we investigate neuroplasticity, attachment theory and emotional regulation all of which can help the brain to be rewired so that we can lead transform lives and experience improved relationships on all levels.
1. Creation and early beginnings and a biblical perspective of the mind
2. Deceptive Brain messaging
3. Secular research and understanding of the brain – Neuroplasticity
4. Power of imagination/visualisation and faith in transformation of relationships
5. Ending unhealthy thinking as progression towards the Divine nature is realised (J. Schwartz, M.D. and St Paul of Tarus)
6. Attachment styles developed as a child and how these are expressed in adult relationships.
7. Interactions between different attachment styles and making each feel more secure
8. The Key to a secure relationship >>> your identity
9. Love languages and the power triangle
10. Vulnerability/shame >> the connection to intimacy (Dr Brene Brown)
11. Biblical vulnerability and intimate fellowship
12. Power of Grace and unconditional love