Here are some creative ways to help you get involved in Build To Reach.
1. As a family, give up one of your takeaway meals a week for a meal at home. Missing one meal a week at an average of $20 per family is $1,040 per year.
2. Give up a habit. Easier said than done, but not impossible. A cappuccino per day for a year costs $1,095.
3. Commit your income tax refund to the Lord.
4. Give a gift of assets. You can give real estate, stocks, bonds, gold, cars, boats, etc.
5. Adjust your holiday. Try having a holiday at home and taking day trips and picnics. Or take a three day holiday instead of a week. This can save $1,000 – $2,000.
6. Wait for a movie to come out on video instead of seeing it at the theatre. A trip to the movies for two people costs approximately $40 with tickets, popcorn and a drink. If you cut out one movie a month that is $480 over the year.
7. Put off a major purchase and redirect the money into Build to Reach.
8. If you have a business, consider making a gift which is tax deductible to the business.
9. A dollar increase per week. This is a great idea for those who have never given or do not see a way to increase current giving. Start by giving one dollar the first week, then two, then three, etc., praying all along that the Lord would show you a way to add that next dollar and increase each week. If you keep this up for a year you would give $1,345.
10. Trust Distributions. Input tax credits that apply to distributions from trust funds – these are able to be refunded to the church from the tax office. Refer to your accountant for further information.